Tuesday 24 April 2012

Analysing the Briefs

After Tuesdays session we were given the task of analysing the four briefs we had chosen to work with in order to produce our own brief. I annotated the briefs with five reasons why I chose them (what interested me) and then analysed them in relation to the list of assets I produced in my rationale.


In analysing the briefs in this way, it gave me the opportunity to truly see what each brief had to offer to me in fulfilling the rationale I had written. It also made me realise how most briefs will only fulfil certain criteria of my rationale, however, in order for my rationale to be fully fulfilled I would have to comprise my own brief. So that was my next task.



I found this rather tricky, I wasn't sure whether I should take one brief (so that I had an actual problem to solve) and then incorporate other elements from other briefs to then fulfil my rationale criteria, or whether to take parts from all the briefs and make a problem out of that. I thought the latter could become more confusing and not have context within the real world, so I chose to use the NO17 brief as the basis of my own brief but incorporate other aspects into this.

In order to ensure I was constructing a brief which met my rationale, I took one aspect from each and wrote it on a pink sticky note. I then proposed a brief which took all these aspects into consideration.
The brief I have produced is far too vague, but at this point I think having a vague idea is acceptable. We are having another session Thursday, so hopefully by then I will be able to consolidate my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment