Tuesday 13 December 2011

Studio Time-lining Session

Following on from previous studio time-lining sessions we used the timelines we had produced and got into group to make 2 lists; one of the benefits of time-lining and how it had helped our work and another of the problems which occurred....



We were then set the task of putting our sequence onto a timeline and using as many frames as we sought necessary, plot our sequence across 5 lines. This gave us the chance to portray pace more accurately across the timeline as there was more space available to us and show areas where nothing was happening (as well as blank frames at the beginning or end).


This is my sequence with only 5 frames on it. I do not think this represent the time difference I wanted to portray very accurately so I added in some more frames...


I think this really helped show not only the keyframes but other actions which occur between those keyframes in relation to pace. Using the guidance Fred gave me, I wanted to show the letterform static for a second, progressing from a slow spin into the distance, to the letterform disperse at speed and then showing the dispersal slowing down. I incorporated these elements to see how it would affect my time-lining and, in the end, how I can then use this to inform my designs on screen

No comments:

Post a Comment