Monday 10 October 2011

WHAT IS GOOD.. Logo Development2.

Today I have had an absolute MARE trying to use Illustrator to create my logo. Previously I have stuck to my comfort zone and initiated my designs in Photoshop, however, today I was determined to make myself use Illustrator as it is an area of my design practice which definitely needs developing...it was going to be a day of learning! I began trying to vector my hand drawn design using the pen tool, I had a few attempts at it whilst continuing to get increasingly frustrated.....


...first attempt! This was not very well executed at all; I really needed to take more time on it in order to produce a more accurate image.


My second attempt was slightly better, however, it was no where near as clean cut as I would like it. So I tried again....


This third attempt was still not up to scratch even though I took longer over it, so I decided to try using the 'live trace' tool....


The 'live trace' tool gave me a clean vectored image (better than mine anyway) however, I could not work out how to change the colour of my image...I even tried transporting the image into Photoshop, as my skills are better in here



 After viewing a few tutorials I decided to use the 'live traced' vectored image I had created as the basis for vectoring with the pen tool ...one last attempt at it! 


Using the live traced image as a basis for my vectoring made it a lot easier! Once I had my vectored image I was then able to apply it to shapes and colour ...now I can get creating and PLAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment