Saturday 5 February 2011

5 Factor Profiles.


I calculated that in order for my star profile to incorporate my 5 factors, thus having 5 axis, each axis needed to be 75 degrees apart from one another. So I set about getting my protractor and graph paper to produce a rough draft of this. I then replicated these axis in illustrator. 


To make my book a collection of '100' I wanted to produce 20 chocolate profiles each rated on 5 nutritional factors resulting in a book containing 100 pieces of information. 
However, when it came to representing this data on a star diagram with only 5 factors it soon became apparent that this was not going to look as visually intriguing in comparison to when I my star profiles had 8 factors. 
As result of this, I have reconsidered the data which I will be representing on these star charts. I have subsequently analysed Cadbury chocolate packaging and found that there are in fact 8 predominant nutritional factors which are shown. Although they are not all represented in line with the percentage of your daily intake, I am sure I can come up with a solution to accommodate these facts into my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment