Sunday 6 February 2011

Nutritional Information.

In coming to the realisation that using only 5 nutritional factors was not going to be sufficient, I decided to incorporate the following three factors into my star profiles:

  • Energy (KJ)
  • Carbohydrates (g)
  • Protein (g)
However, these are not represented in the same manor as my other 5 statistics; they are not based on the % of your daily intake they take up. Nevertheless, I decided to plot these on a star chart; using a different scale on each axis. 



I soon found that this was not going to be substantial and would be incredibly difficult for the audience to attempt to work out the figures for themselves. 
Therefore I have come up with this classification system to categorise my data to ensure they are all measured using the same concept. Using this system will also ensure they are easily distinguished by the audience. I re-analysed my data incorporating the other 3 nutritional factors in the table and rounding them up to the nearest 10 (making the data easier to work with and represent)




To make it easier I wanted to rate each nutritional factor for each chocolate bar on a scale of 1-5, this scale with be universal across the 8 factors:

  1. very low
  2. low
  3. moderate
  4. high
  5. very high
I needed to categorise each of the nutritional categories in the way:


No comments:

Post a Comment