Wednesday 2 February 2011

Sweet Sweet Data.

I have continued to experiment with this star profile, as I feel it has an awful lot of scope for the production of some playful graphics which could be used in a variety of ways.




I have simply broken down the top image to reveal the 100 individual layers. I feel it is quite interesting for the audience to see how those 100 shapes can be layered upon each other to produce something so amazing.

I realised by simply presenting these blocks to an audience they would have no meaning and no context. Understandably, it is a piece of infographics, however, I feel I need to find a way in which I can convey the logic behind them to the audience. So I began exploring how I could covey my subject matter to my audience by firstly writing out the name of each sweet below.




I used alongside the text lines to create 4 columns as it appeared a lot neater than the text alone; giving more of a structure.





I began coding the names of the 100 sweets I had taste tested into data blocks. I am very happy with the results and definitely want to use these within my final realisation as I feel the interaction element really gives it something.


I laid out the star profiles in a grid demonstrating the gradual build up of layering until you reach the image of 100 layers. Although this one has not had the transparency adjusted, I think as a visual it works well.


Adjusting the transparency of each layer to 20% allows this build up to be clearly seen from start to finish. I like. 



I experimented the alignment tools to see what effects came of it.



Placing the individual profile alongside its coded name has created this piece, I am very fond of it and could see this working across the whole 100. 

No comments:

Post a Comment