Monday 14 February 2011

Draft Binding of my Book.



Firstly, I tried to bind my book with tear resistant transparent sewing yarn as I thought it may look aesthetically pleasing. However, I found it was too flimsy and did not hold the book together well at all.


I liked the size of this exhibition catalogue so I cut my book down to the same size to see the effect it had. I am yet to be convinced!




When I printed my first draft, one of my concerns was whether or not I should incorporate somewhere to house my acetate overlay. I attempted to make a sleeve which would be positioned to the rear of the book but found the acetate sheet would simply be too large to fit into it. As a result, I think I am going to leave the acetate sheet loose at the front of the book; that way it is easily accessible and more obvious as to it's use.





I then attempted to bind my book with orange cotton, as I thought it may be more visually appealing. This held the book together well, nevertheless, I bound it too far to one side so it was visible throughout the book.

Some things here which I need to take into consideration when binding my book for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment