Thursday 3 February 2011

Flip Book Experimentation.

I thought as there is a gradual build up to the final image, a small 'flipbook' could be a way to represent this, so I set about it....

I printed off each layer of my 100 gradually building up and cut them into squares (not accurately)


I then began to sequentially place them in a pile. As I was doing this I noticed the strength of the colours beginning to become apparent in the squares which were yet to be sorted.



My finished pile.....


I simply held these i place to see if it had my desired effect, as there were to many to bind with a split pin. However, I was able to see the potential of the visuals within this 'flipbook.'




I used only 25 of the 100 squares and bound them with a split-pin to see its effect on the image.


Using fewer pages and a split pin worked a treat!


However, I soon came to the conclusion that although this 'flipbook' is visually enticing, it serves no purpose. I would not be certain as to who would use it, where it would be used and what it will be used for. Consequently, I scrapped this idea and moved on to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment