Friday 18 February 2011

Screenprinting.

Francesca and I went to screen print our designs yesterday and today ...we had a little fun! 


This was my screen ready to print once it had been cleaned, coated and exposed to the UV lighting. 


Magenta, cyan and grey mixed with medium 60:40


I tested my colour on a piece of newsprint to see the opacity levels as I wanted my colour to be fairly opaque so that when layered upon one another both colours are still visible.



I printed my designs on both cream and grey stock; I m either going to use both stocks or just one depending on the outcome and how well they fold. I printed the grid first.


I then printed a magenta head onto this.


.....my printing bed!!!


My magenta prints ready for the cyan layer.


Printing the cyan.




I am pleased with the outcome of my printing session ...now to finalise the design and get folding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment