Thursday 17 February 2011

Bookwork Designs to Screenprint.

I want to screen print my book design as it is a crafting process which requires skill and produces amazing results.


I began thinking of possible designs which I could screen print that incorporates a square.


I had come across the image of Pythagoras; taking a twist on my theme of a square ...soo the experimenting began!


I liked the layering of the cyan and magenta create this double vision illusion.


I wanted to incorporate a grid into the image to signify the relation between my work and the theme.



However, when it came to printing off the image ready to screen print I found it was highly pixellated. I wanted to print my image scaled A3, so I had to reduce the image size to prevent this pixellation.


Reducing the image to prevent the pixellation resulted in a lot of empty space surrounding the image ...something I needed to consider.






I wanted to incorporate some text into my imagery so I had a little play! I want to stick to handmade conventions and either screen print or woodblock letterpress the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment