Tuesday 25 January 2011

Grids, Type n' Stuff2.


I chose this article from heat magazine to base my work on.








Using what we had learnt about gutters I mocked up these designs for the layout of this page, experimenting with moving all the elements into different positions.  I constructed my own grid to use, which consisted of 6 columns.



I have chosen a design and began to take it through the process which a page goes through before it goes to print. Concentrating on the Headlines, Sub-heads,  Body copy I have worked out the necssary measurements using pica scaling. I have taken into consideration the gutters and margins as this is a recto page using three main columns consisting of paragraphs rather than a DPS. I positioned margins on the page in order to separate the text; thus making it more readable. The sub-head has been boxed in order to create emphasis. Instead of using a drop cap to further emphasise the main body copy, I have taken the existing '>' and used this in bold instead. 



No comments:

Post a Comment