Sunday 23 January 2011

Infographics....based on sweet taste tests.

Using the data I gained from the taste tests I carried out, I plotted my results on an 8 spoke graph with each spoke representing a different factor.




I created a new layer for each profile. Once I had created 100 of these I then visualised them all, thus creating the image below.




I began looking at filling each profile with a transparent colour as I thought it may be visually appealing once they were all layered upon each other.


I noticed they had a black border around them which I was not fond of as I felt it was restricting the shape, so I removed it.


I much prefer this without the border, it makes it less  on it's own. However, layered with the others I think it will create some interesting effects.


I began experimenting with layering up the profiles using different shades of blue, I quite like the effects. I am then going to overlay magenta and yellow on top of these.




After layering up all 100 I realised they were not creating the layered effect I desired due to me placing all similar colours together.



I changed the top few layers, this begun to look more like how i'd expected it to. I think a little more experimentation is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment