Tuesday 18 January 2011

Sensory Taste Test.

Profile Test Example.

Characteristic
Score
Sweet
5
Chewy
3
Bland
1
Crunchy
2
Soft
5
Acidic
0
Pungent
1
Zesty
3

Normally this data would be presented on a star chart, however, I thought I'd experiment with other variations; looking particularly at the profile of the results.....



Line Graph






Scatter Graph



Area Graph 


I am fond of the shapes produced by this graph, I think the profile of this could be experimented with and possibly made into infographics in some way.


Bar Chart





This was quite interesting ...closing the gap between the bars as it completely alter the profile produced.

Pie Chart
Stacked Area

Again, this is another chart which I felt appeared visually interesting. I particularly like the close proximity of the colours.

Column Chart



Bar Chart


Stacked Column

 Stacked Bar


Since producing these I am already beginning to come up with ideas of how these can be used within my work as infographics.

No comments:

Post a Comment