Sunday 5 February 2012

CD Sleeve Construction



...I cut this net using the original net as a template. 





...so i got this far, and then realised that I had cut the circle the wrong way round! Durr. it doesn't match the shape I have used within my motion graphics and is therefore not the non-digital representation of my motion graphics I wanted.  

A fresh piece of paper it is then.... 


This time I cut the semi-circle the correct way, it now matched the shape I have used within my AfterEffects designs. 


I used the plastic cd case from the original 'XX' cover and placed it into my sleeve (and it fitted like a glove!) 



I printed off a couple of gradients and placed them under the cut out shape just to get a feel for how they would look.





...I also did this with the type to check that I had used the correct point size. 















...my case with the CD in it. I have, however, realised that I could place somewhere the Ministry of Sound logo as it this is a focal point within my design and all the artwork has derived from Ministry of Sound album artworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment