Wednesday 1 February 2012

Final Crit



....these are the questions I wanted my peers to answer in my feedback.


...from this feedback I am going try incorporate a few more elements into my ident designs. The use of the logo with a low opacity in the background may give it more of an identity. It was suggested that I incorporate the actual album artworks as visuals, however, I do not think this is necessary and that I can portray the vibe of the tv programme through using the aesthetics of the artworks rather than the actual artowork themselves.


Changing the beginning and end audio transitions are something which I was considering myself, so this has just confirmed my thoughts. I think if I fade my audio in and out it will let the audio flow better and give it a softer approach allowing it to flow well into and out of other idents which will be present on the channel also. 

Another consideration written here was to keep the type on the screen for longer. This is another thought of mine which has now been confirmed; I was considering presenting the type and allowing the type to then remain static (so it can be easily read) whilst the background gradient is moving. I am going to give this a bash and see how effective it is. From this, I will then decide whether it is going to be suitable or not.

This feedback also stated that Ident 5 worked best, I completely agree with this statement and wish to alter my other idents to bring them up to this standard. I think ident 5 is of a higher quality than the others due to my skills having developed considerably from the time when I produced my first ident to the time when I produced my fifth ident. These skills have been acquired through using the software and picking up the skills but also the sessions which have been taught my Mike and Lorraine.  

My resulting action plan....


Todays final crit provided me with some constructive feedback to which I am now going to alter within my after effects motion graphics. 



No comments:

Post a Comment