Wednesday 29 February 2012

Paper Making

Today I have been researching into the process of paper making in order to allow us to gain an in-depth knowledge and an insight into the process so that we can then break this process down and play with how this is then applied to our designs. Unpicking the process down to the core elements, then photographing/scanning/capturing these images and reapplying them to our finished design ideas is a direction I am truly interested in testing out. Nevertheless, it is all well and good looking at secondary sources about this, but I feel that in order to gain a true feel for it we should do it ourselves! So tomorrow I am going to look into signing up for a paper-making session in college (as I know a couple of third years did this last year). I am also quite interested in going to a fabric dying workshop as this is quite closely linked (seen as paper is dyed too and Fedrigoni work with top fashion labels). This may well then give us scope for ideas on further direction to take our Fedrigoni brief, it will also provide us with these core skills and use of college facilities for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment