Wednesday 16 November 2011

WHAT IS GOOD... Foiling Experimentation.




This was the first attempt I had at foil blocking today. We used the laminator and got a few pieces of scraps from screen print to test with. This went considerably well, so I went back to screen print to purchase some clear, white and black foils.




...applying print marks to my printout.



I printed this out on standard paper stock in order to gauge whether my design will fit onto the page.





I printed my design off without the net on  a few different stocks to see the way in which the ink applies itself to each paper type. 


The ink did not sit well on the cartridge paper and left a patchy effect.



...I printed this on the laser printers, then used a black foil on the black writing on the left and a clear foil over the orange block of colour. The writing on both is far too small to work well. 






Experimenting with a clear foil. I thought this may give the look of a UV varnish, however, it didn't quite go to plan. In the light you can see the shine, but it is not evenly covered and made the paper crinkle when the heat was applied.





I wanted to see how well the white foil would adhere to the black laser printout. It worked quite well, i think if I print this on a colour stock this would look quite nice.

As a result of these trials, I have decided not to use foiling on my publication but I may use it on my posters as it will create interest, which will in turn create interest in the sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment