Friday 18 November 2011

WHAT IS GOOD... Postcards

To break the text on these, I used what I had learnt in the typography sessions and broke it where the natural pause appears when it is spoken aloud. 




I am not keen on any of these. I think the correct positioning of text has still not been achieved. 


...these are the best three so far, however they still need tweeking a fair bit in order to get the design more striking and eye catching.


As I need to provide viewers with information, I will do this on the reverse of the postcard. I have begun to set this out in a similar format to that of a pharmaceutical information leaflet, however, I am feeling that it is too boring and needs more of a creative infusion about it. Also, a structure that will be in keeping with my existing designs.


..this is what I have come up with for the reverse. I am still not happy with this but I do feel it fits in with my other designs. I have since begun to consider how I could apply a spot varnish or coloured foil to make the design more visually exciting.


I have blocked this black to print out and try to foil block the top half in a colour, this will give it both a shine and colour which may in-turn increase it's visual impact. 
I also wanted to see what this would look like if it were printed onto coloured stock...



Retrospectively, I think it would have been extremely beneficial to me if I had used a grid to construct this as it is the layout decisions which resulted in the designs not working.

I printed out the two designs that I thought would work well together...



I am not keen on the type used on this, so may opt for another or see if I can creatively incorporate spot varnishes or foils to enhance the visual aesthetics of the print.

No comments:

Post a Comment