Thursday 17 November 2011

WHAT IS GOOD... Mocking up Nets

I had a flick through the packaging book today and found this hexagonal net which is very similar to the plastic hexagonal packaging I found previously (here). However, this way I can easily apply my design and be in control over the stock used to construct it.



The perforated end would give it an edge an allow the viewer to interact with the product.


A quick sketch of how my design could be applied to this net.


...mocked up and printed out to get a feel for the interaction of the text. 


 I think all the text needs shifting up one panel as it does not look fluent where the two edges join.



I shortened the original net in order to see whether it would be suitable to package pastels, however I am not sure this packaging shape will work with the shape of the pastels as it is more suited to the hexagonal shape of a pencil. A cylindrical net may be a better option for pastels.


A printed mock up of a few designs to see how legible the text is.



The centred 'notebook' on the front page will be the same colour as the spine.




This writing will be white on orange. I am not sure how legible this will be so I am going to have to print it out in colour in order to gage this. This size of the text may also be an issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment