Monday 14 November 2011

WHAT IS GOOD ...Visual Investigation

I have begun to visually investigate the application of type and colour upon the products I had gathered to initiate the basis of my design decisions. I produced a range of different sized label which I could apply to each product in a different manner.  





I don't think there is enough colour and type on this pencil packaging.


This works well with the structure, it fits down the side panel of this packaging.




This pencil instantly made me associate it with a cigarette! I may need to reconsider this colour (although it is only a mock up) and the proportions of colour used.



Colouring the spine and allowing the rest of the design to remain minimal. Crisp.




I decided to try applying one of my designs to the notepad, however, I am not particularly fond of this design. I would propose that the lines created are orange foiled, nevertheless, I still feel it is not quite working as a whole. 




Applying more colour and utilising the space available seems to have worked a lot better. If the black type were to be with black foiled or uv varnished, I think the outcome could be quite successful. Or the whole bottom half could be uv varnished ...nice!



Providing an elasticated band to hold the pages together create more structure within the cover design.


The top half would have the words 'art therapy' printed onto it and would be used to package a range of pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment