Sunday 20 November 2011

WHAT IS GOOD//Alterations

Putting together my concept boards I am already beginning to crit my work and see potential improvements!

//I am thinking that if I had each of the different products coloured differently I would have been able to have the colour range I wanted to create without having to create multiples of each design; it would have also allowed each product to become it's own. This could be achieved through using a consistent colour on a product type (i.e brushes, pencils, pastels etc) or the grade of pencil (using tints to create a colour range which refers to the grade of pencil used)

//Incorporate the colour of the pencils into the packaging design. Currently, there is no indication to the colour other than the colour present on the packaging.

//Incorporate the grade of pencil into the packaging design.

//The colour of the postcard reverse. This was left white, however, if it had been coloured a brighter colour this may have made it more visually exciting.

//I could have varied the range of colours I duplexed with and the order in which the paper was layered to create the duplex.

//The shape of the pencils may be slightly in practical for everyone. The shape of the pencil made it easy to print onto, however, when they are used in context they may not suit everyone for comfort and ease despite me personally being able to use the pencils. Sharpening the pencils may also cause concern due to their shape and the shape of a standard pencil sharpener.

//I could have extended my range into pencil sharpeners as this is a tool which will undoubtedly need to be used if a pencil is being used.

//Bound my book. It has just come to light that I could have taken the time to go to Vernon street institution to personally bind my book, this would have given it much more value and appreciation.

//Improved, more thought out poster design that works in context.

....I could go on and on with alterations as there is always room for improvement in any design task!

No comments:

Post a Comment