Monday 14 May 2012

BRAINWAVE....

I was just considering the outer packaging to go with the products and come up with a great idea (or what seemed a great idea at the time!)


I wanted to use the geometrics of the '17' to create a triangular shape to form the base of a prism in which the products can be packaged contained. I really like this idea but was unsure on how I could make it obvious that this shaped packaging represented the 17 logo and was not just random. So, I considered the use of colour upon the packaging and having two sides coloured the same to represent the 7 and one side another colour to represent the 1 or one side with perforated edges that allow the 1 and the 7 to detach from one another. However, I was still not sure this would be portrayed to my audience. Consequently, I took it upon me to ask a few people from my target audience, the general consensus was that I should just allow the packaging to remain simple with the colour coding system I had imposed. It was also highlighted the fact that it may be difficult to package some of the products in this manor due to the varying shapes and sizes of the products. I think with a little more development this could work, but for now I am going to stick with a more simple design and see what come of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment