Friday 11 May 2012

DESIGN DEVELOPMENT

As it was suggested in my crit to use a hand drawn type in my designs as it would appeal to my audience, I decided to experiment with this. I wanted to use it together with a sans serif bold typeface to tie in with the weight of the 17 logo. I have also experimented with using the colour coding system across the range to differentiate products for different areas of your face (eyes, face, lips, nails and tools).











These designs do seem to be fairly eye catching, especially when they are presented upon the outer packaging box with coloured sides. However, I am not sure as to whether or not the designs appeal to a slightly younger age group than what I am trying to target? I am therefore going to show these designs to my target market and get some feedback on them.

Another factor which is bothering me slightly, is whether they look too similar to some of the branding for make-up products which already exist (in particular Topshop and Benefit) but I think this is due to the hand drawn element within them. It's a working progress, and I shall progress......

No comments:

Post a Comment