Tuesday 1 May 2012

Concept Crit.

For today's concept crit, I re-wote my brief and wrote a concept rationale...



I also produced the following boards as visual context...



From this, I gave a short presentation to my crit group of fellow peers and received the following feedback...



This feedback has been extremely beneficial to me and I now have a clearer concept. From this, I have now decided that I do want to brand the 17 product range to a different target audience to what they do now. 17 currently market young teenagers, whereas I want to target older teenagers/young adults (19-23); this will allow me to design to an age group which I can connect with. I feel the brand markets a younger audience when in fact if it was designer more maturely, then older generations would also feel inclined to purchase the products, especially those on a budget. As a result of this, I am going to re-write my brief to consolidate these ideas.

For next week I need to produce these 10 specifics in order to allow me to have another constructive crit...


I think this list is achievable but I am going to have to work hard in order to produce all this. Nevertheless, it is the starting a brief that I struggle with (as it comes to the end and I normally end up rushing my deliverables) so in doing this, it should help me ensure my end product will be well considered and actually answers the brief fully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment