Sunday 13 May 2012

Varying the typeface

I was previously uncertain as to whether the descriptive typeface was suitable to the design and it's structure so I have decided to experiment with possible typefaces to see if another typeface works better within the composition....



I have tried to use a graphic typeface to see if this creates a more structured design that would appeal to my target audience better, however, I think the incorporation of the handwritten type is a way in which a subtle hint of fun can be incorporated into the design. 


I changed the descriptive type typeface from geneva to futura. I this it works in the sense that the weight of this type is now the same weight as the '17' logo.


I played around with changing the sizing of the type, but have decided it looks and works better with the 'face' type being in line with the descriptive type; it forms more a structure and evidences the use of a grid.

I decided to consider how the type used here could be presented in different format, depending on where the type is to be applied. 



and how this looks alongside the logo...

 
I have considered how the logo would look as a pattern, this could then be applied to the product and allow the description to stand alone, as I think the descriptive type looks better without the '17' floating above it.

No comments:

Post a Comment